Electronics and Communication Department
The department was started in 1997 and is top rated in the State for its teaching-learning methodologies and excellent academic track record. The department has post graduation program in Digital Electronics and Communication Systems. The department has VTU Research Center with a strong R & D culture.
The learning experience here is wholesome and tailored to suit needs of the industry and independent career development. Students are encouraged to participate in state level and national competitions covering academic and cultural areas.
The focus of the department is to produce graduates & post graduates with strong fundamentals in Electronics and Communication domain. This has resulted in students getting placed in top companies in india and abroad. The department has a total of 14 faculty members with various specializations, comprising of Ph.D holders and several others pursuing Ph.D. All the faculty members are and teaching. The department has excellent international quality infrastructure with state- of- the- art equipments and software tools. Students are encouraged to use the equipment and come up with innovative projects and ideas.
- IEEE, student branch, VVIET was started in 2010 to create more student membership benefits at all IEEE levels, develop student activities and support student initiatives. IEEE student branch motivates and organizes innovation contests and conducts workshops, aptitude tests, technical seminars, tech quiz, innovation projects and group discussion.
- IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) was started in 2013 to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally.
- Department has top class facilities with international standard classrooms and laboratories.
- Department has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with TI and LIE innovation ltd and has a sponsored Texas Instruments lab and Robotics product innovation lab respectively.
Students Skill Development Facilities
- Spectrum Analyzer, Micro strip Antenna, DPSK & QPSK Kits, Aplab Digital CROs, Curve Tracer, Microwave bench, Fiber Optics Kits, Advanced Function and random signal Generators, Pulse Generators, LCR meter, Frequency meter, Modulation meter, Power meter.
- 8051 Micro-controller kits with interfaces, 8086 software package, Logic Analyzer.
- Xilinx FPGA Trainer Kits with interface module, Modelsim Software & DSP kits
- Two high end computing facilities with high speed internet connection.
Students Skill Development Infrastructure
- IEEE Student Chapter
- Texas Instruments lab
- Robotics product innovation lab
- Well Stocked Departmental Library
- KSCST sponsorship Cell for projects sponsorship
- High speed Internet Facility