Electrical and Electronics Department
Since its inception in 1997, the EEE department has been consistently growing and proving to be the best among all the engineering colleges in the region. At present the EEE family consists of 22 faculties including a Professor and six faculty members pursuing PhD who always enrich the student with their practical knowledge and innovative ideas.
This is the only college under VTU which has an intake of 120 students, and presently the department has 450+ students. The department is well equipped with latest experimental setups, computational facilities with required software packages and a departmental library. The very first batch achieved 3 ranks (3rd, 4th & 8th) under Mysore University and since then many more ranks were awarded under VTU.
- IEEE student chapter was pioneered by the EEE Department in the year 2010 and prospective students have been perpetually supported every time with each and every events conducted as a part of academic proceedings
- IEEE PES (Power & Energy Source) chapter will be initiated shortly.
Students Skill Development Facilities
- Licensed MIPOWER software simulation package worth 12,00,000/- for Power System Simulation lab
- 8051 Micro-controller kits with interfacing hardware modules and Ride software
- MATLAB, Spice Opus and other simulation software packages.
- Well equipped AC/ DC machines and High Voltage laboratories unveiled with greater degree of accuracy
- Measurements & Circuit Simulation lab, Control Systems lab with both hardware and software modules, Analog Electronics lab, Power Electronics lab, Logic Design lab with modern and sophisticated trainer kits.
Students Skill Development Infrastructure
- IEEE PES Chapter
- Licensed MIPOWER software which can be utilized for projects
- Department Library with around 500 books which can be accessed by students
- Well Equipped Laboratories with international standard equipment
- Smart Class Rooms with Multi Media Systems
- Testing Facility for Electrical Equipments