The department of Mathematics was established in the year 1997. The department has been consistently proving that mathematics is simple if the concepts and fundamentals are well understood by the students. The department offers courses for both UG and PG Programs. Tutorials, remedial classes, bridge courses are conducted along with regular classroom sessions. The department has been consistently obtaining good results due the sincere efforts of the team. Apart from academics, all the staff members are involved in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The department is recognized as one of its research centre by the VTU during 2011.
- To emerge a centre of excellence and to produce high quality, self motivated, creative and ethical engineers and technologists, contributing effectively to universal science and contemporary education
- Impart high quality Mathematics for engineering education.
- Adopt the best pedagogical methods in order to maximize knowledge transfer
- Carry out high quality research leading to the creation of knowledge and of intellectual property
- Provide the students with a strong mathematical foundation through course which cater to the need of the Industry, Research and Higher Education.