The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 1997-1998, affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It offers full-time UG programme in Electronics & Communication Engineering and has a Research Center recognized by VTU, Belagavi.
The Department has qualified and experienced faculty members expertized in VLSI and Embedded systems, Digital Communication, Signal processing, Computer networks, Micro Electro Mechanical Structures [MEMS] etc. The ongoing research activities include Digital Image Processing and Computer Vision, Biomedical signal processing, Communication, MEMS, PCB Design and networking.
The department aids to impart knowledge, nurture skills innovation & entrepreneurship. Among students, we inculcate courage, sportsmanship & sense of responsibility which are innards of a meaningful life. The alumni of the department have strong global presence making their alma mater proud in every sector they represent.
Besides the academic pursuits, we have structured approaches to skill development aspects of students in different verticals. We encourage students to pursue skill oriented trainings to enhance their employability. Skill oriented courses are having three strong reinforcing pillars i.e Technology, Industry partnership [MoU] & Certification from reputed bodies like Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI). The department currently offers Skill oriented courses in PCB design, PCB manufacturing, VLSI Design and verification, Embedded Product design & Embedded-IOT, and MEMS. The department is a certified training Partner for ESSCI and is been awarded as Center of Excellence for PCB Design.
Department has vibrant student chapter with Professional Bodies like IEEE, Institute for Smart Structures and Systems (ISSS) and Engineers Without Boarders(EWB). Students organize and participate in professional activities which help them in networking with eminent personalities and professionals in the industry.
The department facilitates well-equipped laboratories strengthened by software's like Cadence, COMSOL Multiphysics, ORCAD for UG projects,skilling and research activities.
The department provides Industry Institute Interaction through guest lecture, industrial visit, internship, workshops, Seminars which enable students to get good job opportunities.Industrial training is a part of curriculum, where students work in an industry related to their area of interest for a minimum period of 4 weeks. This essentially gives exposure to technology in practice and industrial environment.
Seminars included in the curriculum helps them to experience self-learning and develop communication and interpersonal skills.
Various technical activities organized in the department help students in exhibit their skills and talents.
Research activity in the department encourages them for innovations and lifelong learning.
Workshops & conferences held at the department and institution level provides them with the relevant exposure.
Memorandum of Understanding
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has signed MoU with
- Entuple Technologies Pvt. Ltd in 2019
- COMSOL Multiphysics Pvt Ltd in 2018
- PMAP TECHNOTECH Pvt. Ltd in 2017
- Indian Printed Circuit Association (IPCA) in 2017
- Li2 Innovation Pvt Ltd in 2013
- Texas Instruments in 2011
- “To emerge as a premier center empowering students with creativity and technical competency that caters to the ever-changing needs of industry and society”.
- Provide collaborative learning environment that promotes creative thinking and team work.
- Impart sound theoretical knowledge and skill sets required to be industry ready.
- Acquaint students with technological developments through Industry-Institute interaction.
- Inculcate professional and ethical values for sustainable development of society.
Program Educational Objectives
- Create innovative solutions through critical thinking.
- Solve real-life problems by employing the knowledge and skills of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Exhibit leadership qualities in developing and applying technology for societal needs and a sustainable world.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Ability to grasp and apply fundamental knowledge of Engineering subjects in the analysis, design, and development of Electronics and Communication systems as well as to synthesize and interpret the experimental data leading to valid conclusions.
- Develop proficiency in using software and hardware required for real life applications with team building skills imbibing professional ethics and social responsibilities.