Karnataka Innovation And Technology Society (Formerly Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services), a society duly registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960, is located at BMTC Building, 4th Floor (TTMC ‘B’ Block above the Bus Stand), B.T.S Road, off K.H. Road, Before Mandovi Motors, Shanthinagar, Bangalore – 560 027.
Karnataka Innovation And Technology Society assist the department of IT, BT and S & T in the following:
- Create an enabling ecosystem for the development of the Information Technology and Biotechnology industry in the state through policy facilitation and investment promotion.
- Promote startups and entrepreneurs to encourage innovation and use of technology to propagate solutions in multiple sectors.
- Generate employment for the state’s youth by taking up skilling and re-skilling of people to create a ready pool of talent for the industry.
- Interface with industry, academia and R&D institutes on various matters of interest, new technology areas, collaboration with other countries/cities.
New Age Incubation Network(NAIN)
Karnataka ICT Group (KIG 2020) was formed under the leadership of Mr. Mohandas Pai and Mr. B V Naidu which was charted to develop Karnataka’s roadmap to undisputed global leadership in ICT by the year 2020.In the state budget 2013-14 it has been announced as follows “ To encourage entrepreneurship and innovation it is proposed to establish incubation centres in ICT sector in association with selected engineering colleges at district headquarters. ”
The program is designed to give preference to students, research scholars and alumni of the chosen colleges compared to those from other colleges in the district. The program will be more tuned to students and alumni from emerging ICT centres catering to the problems of local needs rather than following the incubation centres in big cities that look at global problems.
The current incubation models that are prevailing are infrastructure support incubation centres or academic focused incubation centres. However it is essential to create new age incubation centres at all the 7 centres with the active support of the industry. Some of these incubation centres can be further strengthened to focus more on IP/Product development as “Innovation centres”
Entrepreneurship development and mentoring is one of the ten initiatives of KIG 2020 for creating new opportunities and jobs. One of the tasks under this head is to build ‘Karnataka New Age Incubation Network’ to be located in the chosen colleges that are in the nine emerging ICT centres.
- The main objective of NAIN Scheme is to encourage students, research scholars and alumni to share their ideas to solve chosen problems which are local centric and to validate, Refine and Nurture the ideas.
- Incubation Center shall provide an eco-system to covert the ideas in proof of concept and upgrade them to a level of commercial value.
- After successful incubation, encourage and lead the teams towards setting up a Business enterprise.
Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology is one among the eleven engineering colleges identified in Phase 3 to setup incubation center to promote Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
|Mr Amulya Mahopatra
NAIN Regional Co-ordinator
NAIN College Co-ordinator & Professor Dept of ECE